SERVICES – JEWELRY INSPECTIONS
At Villarreal Fine Jewelers, we want you to continue to love your jewelry. Let us help you to continue to do so for many years to come. We recommend frequent jewelry inspections by our team of experienced professionals. Many insurance companies recommend a frequency of every 6 months. However, you are welcome to stop in as frequently as you like!
General Care Tips For Your Jewelry
Fine jewelry is a precious possession designed to last a lifetime. However, proper care is required to assure the lasting qualities of your jewelry.
- Store your jewelry in a clean, dry place.
- Keep your jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry case or in a box with compartments and dividers.
- If you prefer to use ordinary boxes, wrap each piece individually in soft cloth or tissue paper.
- Always thoroughly rinse and dry your jewelry after cleaning and before storage.
- Consider purchasing personal property insurance for valuable jewelry pieces to supplement the limited coverage commonly found in most homeowners insurance policies.
- Visit your jeweler at least once a year for a professional cleaning and inspection. Ask to check for loose prongs, worn mountings and general wear and tear.
Protecting Fine Jewelry
Protecting your fine jewelry is about more than just proper care and cleaning. You should consider obtaining an appraisal or insurance evaluation document that describes and assigns an accurate replacement value. In addition, consider purchasing personal property insurance to cover your precious jewelry against theft and other perils. Most insurance companies will require a recent appraisal or insurance retail replacement document before providing insurance coverage.
How Often Should I Clean My Jewelry?
Your diamond jewelry should be cleaned regularly by using commercial or professional cleaners. Other household cleaners like a mild detergent or a diluted mix of ammonia and water may also be used. Simply soak your jewelry for at least a few minutes, then lightly brush with an old soft bristle toothbrush to gently clean dirt and lotions that may have accumulated over a short period of time.